How to Change IP Address
For local area networks (LAN) there are many ways to change your IP address as follows.
- Go to Start Menu -> Settings -> Network Connections. Here open the Local Area Network options.
- Now click on the properties button on the LAN option window and select the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) settings.
- Next click the Properties button and you will get a new window. Here choose, “Use the following IP address” option and enter the new IP address.
- Here you also need to enter the Subnet Mask and Default gateway.
- Now restart your computer to apply this new IP address.
Also you can change your IP address from Command Prompt as follows.
- Go to Start Menu -> Run and type “cmd” to open Command Prompt.
- Now type “ipconfig/release” (without quotes) and hit enter.
- Next shutdown your computer and leave it for few hours.
- After few hours when you restart your system it will be on a new IP address.
Above mentioned IP address changing process are applicable for local area networks and home networking. This IP addresses are different from internet IP address. In general dialup internet comes with dynamic IP address. So, if your IP is dynamic then easily you can change it by disconnecting and reconnecting.
On the other hand DSL/ Cable internet generally comes with static IP address. In this case you need to contact your service provider to change your present IP address. For a temporary solution you can go with different proxy servers available on internet. Just Google for Free Proxy Server and you will get a huge list.
- How to change MAC Address Most of the people think MAC address can not be...
- Change Hostname Here are some simple instructions on changing your computer’s local...
- Find MAC Address Find MAC Address - MAC is an abbreviation of Media...
- How to find DNS Server Domain Name System or DNS is a key to network...
- Subnet Mask Also known as a netmask, a subnet mask is a...