Convert Pounds to Kilograms
How to Convert Pounds to Kilograms
Pounds can be converted to kilograms using simple and quick calculations. You can either use a calculator for speedy results or do the calculations manually.
Pound is the unit of mass. It is abbreviated as lb. Pound has different values in different systems. US customary system uses pound as the common unit of mass. Following are various pound variants:
Pound variant Mass in kilograms
International avoirdupois pound = 0.45359237 kg
International troy pound = 0.373241721 kg
International avoirdupois pound is the most commonly used pound unit, especially in United States.
Kilogram is the SI base unit of mass. Its symbol is kg. Kilogram is 1000 g or it has one thousand grams.
How to convert pounds to kilograms?
Calculation using a calculator
Calculator makes calculations quicker and easier than doing them by hand. You need not do any extensive multiplications or divisions. Conversion from pounds to kilograms is very simple and fast. You need to follow few simple steps and get your answers. You just have to keep in mind the following equation:
1 pound = 0.45359237 kilograms.
Take a calculator. Multiply the value in pounds with 0.45359237. The result is the value in kilograms. For example if you wish to convert 50 pounds to kilograms, multiply 50 with 0.45359237 and your result in kilograms is 22.7. So 50 pounds = 22.7 kilograms.
Calculation by hand
Use a pen and a paper to convert pounds to kilograms manually. Multiply the value in pounds with 0.45359237 to get the value in kilograms.
Below is the table for a quick reference for doing manual calculations.
- Convert Kilograms to Pounds Convert Kilograms to Pounds Kilograms can be converted to pounds...
- Convert Grams to Pounds If you are unsure about how to convert Grams to...
- Convert Ounces to Grams Convert Ounces to Grams Calculations for converting ounces to grams...
- Convert Grams to Ounces If you are looking to convert grams to ounces, this...
- Convert Feet to Meter Convert Feet to Meter You can use simple calculations to...