Shaadi vs BharatMatrimony - Which is Better ?
In one of my earlier post, I had covered some problems which I am facing with Shaadi.com, so I went ahead and subscribed to bharatmatrimony premium service too, so now I am a paid member of both sites, have used them for over 15+ hours atleast and have spent lot of time exploring features, profiles etc.
So here is my comparison of both matrimonial websites, Shaadi.com vs BharatMatrimony.com
1. BH certainly has way more number of profiles then Shaadi.com, I searched for girls earning 10 lakh+ and there were some 100 profiles in shaadi.com where as bharatmatrimony showed 481. Needless to say, 25% of the profiles on both sites were bogus (the girl or her parent probably put the wrong figure as primary teachers in India do not make 30 lakh per year!)
This was little surprising as I used to think shaadi is bigger then BharatMatrimony but it is not, you can check this by searching both sites with similar parameters.
2. BharatMatrimony has the feature of both, Block and Ignore, something which shaadi lacks.
3. BH has one excellent feature which is lacked by shaadi (I am not sure why shaadi.com can’t have this too?) which is to not show the profiles which are already been viewed. The more time you spend on shaadi, the more profiles you see, the more irritating it gets to see the same profiles over and over again. I have been rejected by a huge number of profiles (sad but true), most of them have probably put me on ignored list too, then why I am shown the same profiles over and over again ?
4. Number of active profiles - it is difficult ot gauge which has more number of active profiles, shaadi only shows “more than 2 weeks ago” and Bharatmatrimony shows as “3 months ago”, while search I did found lot of profiles on both sites which haven’t logged in for weeks and months.
5. In my last post, I had covered this too that shaadi only shows 10 profiles per page which makes it really irritating to click on next every minute, BH has a grid mode which shows 50 profiles in one page, which is a great option if you just want to go through the profiles really fast. I am surprised why shaadi doesn’t have such basic feature ?
6. I used to think that BH is more popular then shaadi in south india, and in North, shaadi is more popular but I can certainly see a huge number of north Indians too in BH, infact like I said above in #1, I am very sure that the number of north Indian profiles are more in BH (I could be wrong though).
So this may look like a heavily biased post towards bharatmatrimony but this is what I feels. Though I do give some points to shaadi as I like their user interfact better but that’s it.
Please note that I am in no way associated with any of the site, specially bharatmatrimony, I am just a poor guy who has paid both the sites Rs 3000+ each, only to get rejected by almost all the girls (or should I say by their parents!)
Do post in comments about what you think.
- Problems with Shaadi.com and other Matrimonial sites of India If you are a paid user of shaadi.com, I am...
- Shaadi.com Review - Why Best Indian Matrimonial Website Last year I was working on an Indian site which...
- Shaadi.com Working Coupon Code If you are a member of Shaadi.com and looking to...
- Watch Champions League T20 Live on Computer Ok I am not going to link to any live...
- All good .IN domains are already Registered I was just looking to see which of .co.in or...